Trefriw Walking Festival is a non-profit making venture; we don’t charge for our walks, and yet staging a three-day walking festival is a fairly expensive undertaking. Although virtually everything is done by volunteers, we nevertheless have to find the money every year for items such as our membership of Walkers are Welcome, insurance, hiring the village hall for three days, hosting the website, changing the dates on our banners, getting flyers and raffle tickets printed, providing refreshments …. the list is long!
Our income comes primarily from:
- walkers donations for attending walks
- the Grand Draw (we try and sell 1,000 tickets)
- donations at the Cake Fest.
- donations for refreshments
We are consequently immensely grateful to the following, who enable us to keep the event going from one year to the next:
- our walkers for their continuing financial generosity
- our sponsors, and those organizations and individuals who donate prizes for the Draw
- our walk leaders, who always give so generously of their time
- our other volunteers, who help in many ways at the event
- our organizing committee, who give of their time through much of the year
A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!